Monday, September 4, 2006

A holiday starts with a bang

I went off to town on Friday.  My DH had just gottne paid.  First check we have had in months and we were low on a lot of things.  I asked my two oldest boys if they would like to go and they jumped at the chance for a mama date.  We were making good time until we got to Wal-mart.  Boy the place was busy and I had no idea what was going on.  When we got to the check out the clerk was looking at her watch.  She said she only had 10 more minutes and she could go home.  I commented on how busy it was and she looked at me like I was being silly.  So I asked her why it should be so busy and she said it was Labor day week-end.  Oh my,  I had no idea.  When I got home DH asked how it went.  I told I was never going shopping on the Friday before Labor day weekend.  He appologized and said he thought it was a bit odd that his boss would ask if he would be in to work on Monday.  Both of us had no idea.  So here I am at home with the children and DH on the road.  Just another normal day for us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails