Monday, January 8, 2007

A great man of God is gone

Dr. Tom Malone passed away some time between Sat. night and Sun. morning. 


The funeral is on Wed. morning up at the Midwestern Baptist College.  Mr. Visionary and I will be attending. 


Dr. Malone was a great man of God who never wavered in his stand for God.  My husband and I were blessed to have been able to be under his ministry.  My oldest son was just a baby when I worked for Dr. Malone.  I was blessed to be able to keep Mr. Bookworm with me as I worked.  I will never forget the day he crawled over into Dr. Malone's office and I went to rescue them both.  Well there was Mr. Bookworm setting on Dr. Malones laps.  They had papers scattered everywere and they looked like they were having a great time.  Mr. Bookworm would also follow Dr. Malone around after church because he knew that Dr. Malone kept lifesaver mints in his suit jacket pocket.  One Sunday I guess he just could not wait because I looked up to see Mr. Bookworm walking along with his hand in Dr. Malone's pocket.  I am so thankful that we were able to be under this Godly man's ministry.   As Mr. Visionary said last night.  Heaven is richer today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails