Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday


Yes it is that time of the week. Time for a tackle it.
This one for me is going to take more than just today. I am going to tackle helping my children be friends. I know that is an odd tackle but I am finding it is becoming needful. My oldest son is not wanting to be friends with his little siblings. It could have to do with age, he will be 12 this year but age is no exscuse. So I am going to take some time and see what I can dig up on the net for info and see what books I should be reading on this. If ya'll know of any good websites or books with this kind of info please let me know.
And hopefully the children will learn that brothers and sisters can be friends!

1 comment:

Jamie Stroupe said...

I too am in need of the same research. My days go up down, and it is not my oldest. Hunter is age 3, and he just can be not very nice to all the children, and this just goes day by day. He is very energetic and sometimes can be rougher than he should be.
I also have some little issues with Chloe who is 5. She is not necessarily mean or rough with the other children, but always wants to be alone and play by herself, and sometimes the other children want to play with her and she will make the comment that she wants to be alone. I am not sure if this should be a serious issue are really what to do with it.
I did want to say that when Hunter does something to upset the other children or myself, I make him give us a hug, apologize for what he did, and then tell us that he loves us. It does seem to calm him down a little.

I have a question for Mrs.B, I was wondering if you have any tips on calming very energetic children down, maybe with some oils just for an example??

Related Posts with Thumbnails