Friday, November 18, 2011

6 weeks on, 1 week off

Well we have officially finished our second term of homeschooling this year.
And I must say we are all enjoying the school year more than we have any other year.  We are using Charlotte Mason's methods of teaching and that is a huge blessing.  The children are learning so much in History and I am enjoying that we are all together in History.   We are doing 106 Days of Creation Study and the little people who are in that are having such a fun time.

I also stumbled upon an amazing blog for resources for the little people.  She has a series called A B C Read to me and it is amazing for the little people.  It is notebooking which we have never done before but I am enjoying it immensely and so are the little ones.  You can read about it over at Walking by the Way.

With doing the 6 weeks on and 1 week off I finally have the time to keep up with the house.  Following my homekeeping notebook helps also.  But I have a week off of lessons to catch up on anything that has fallen by the way side.  Also I can take the time to print up what I need for next terms lessons.  I have oodles of printing to do to keep the toddlers busy,  but it has been so worth it.  The 4 year old knows all his letter sounds.  Not sure if I am going to start reading instruction or not but it is good to know that he has the sounds down for when we do.  I am still looking for some good preschool math introduction.  I love our Saxon kindergarten program but not sure if I want to start that yet or not.  The ones I have started in Saxon that early are really ahead on their math.  

So how do you run your homeschool?  What do you do to stay organized?

1 comment:

Jena Webber said...

Those are GREAT ideas! 6 weeks on and 1 week off--wish I had schooled that way! Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails