Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Seek, do, teach


One of my favorite verses is     Ezr 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.


So many times we forget that we need to do the law of the Lord. I have heard preachers preach on how the law is no longer in affect, and yes it is not the law that saves us. Us following the law is what proves our love to the Lord.    1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.          


We show our love by doing what we know God would have us to do. And service motivated out of love is not hard. What is our duty to the Lord.       Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.


I want to do what is requiered of me. But out of love not out of fear. I love the book of James and he also tells us     Jam 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.


My DH has taught the children a saying that I really appreciate. God’s grace brings us to heaven, God’s law brings heaven to us. Deu 11:18-21 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.


I want the days of heaven upon the earth. That is what motivates me to follow God’s law.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails