Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our God is so great

To get an idea of how God is envisioned here at our home,  I asked our children 8 and under to describe God.  

Here is what a picture of God would look like


My first thought was how on earth did this happen!!  

This discussion was brought on by our church service was about.  

So many times we look at all that is going on in our lives and families and without really meaning to we say.  It is another test from God.  
But really how often does he test us? 
I don't think it is as often as we think it is. 

The pastor used Gideon as an example.  Gideon was told to go fight and then God kept taking away men out of his army.  How easy would it have been to say Ah, it is another test from God.  But God tells us why he pared down the arrmy

Judges 7:2 And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.

God, rightly wanted all the glory!! 

Isn't that why we are here,  to give God glory.  That is what we were created for,  to give glory to our God.

So when a struggle comes I want to look at it not with the attitude of, another test, but how can I glorify my Lord through this!!

Remembering all the time that my God is not a god in the sky with lighting bolts testing me but a loving heavenly father who wants me to bring him glory!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails