Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday


This is one of my favorite blog memes.  It is so good to step back and take the time to focus on the good that God is doing in our lives.  To often we see nothing but the evil around us but there is so much good.  

And this month is a good time to step back and reflect on Christ, cause he is the center of Christmas.  My kids all kind  of look at me with a sideways glance when the Christmas special we are watching comes to the part where they are discussing the "true meaning of Christmas"  and yes I always give a little sigh when I hear the lines that are something like this.  It is a time for family and friends.  It is a time of giving.  It is a time for love.  You know it is all of that but it is so much more.  Christ left his father,  gave up the glories of heaven,  knowing that he would be hung on a tree.  Knowing he would have the sins of the world put on him.  And he chose to leave out of love for us.  Oh what wondrous love.  I am so thankful that my Savior loved me enough to die for me.  Christ gift to us is so amazing.  That is what I am thankful for.

Despite our efforts to keep him out, God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked, "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."--Peter Larson

So what are you thankful for today?  Join us over at Grace Alone 

3 comments:

tammi said...

Haha, my kids do the same thing! We love nothing better in December than to cuddle up on the couch together, sipping hot chocolates, and watching Chrismtas specials. It's a novelty for all of us, because we generally don't have the TV on in the evenings, PLUS, it's all cute, feel-good, schmaltzy Christmas goodness! ;)

We usually end up discussing during commercial breaks the differences between what we're hearing/seeing on the show and what we know to be true and valuable about Christmas.

I'm SO thankful we have so much MORE to be grateful for than just good times with family, as precious as those are!

Kathleen said...

Since I'm an empty-nester I have wonderful memories of snuggling on the sofa and I so enjoy it when they visit and I especially enjoy snuggling with my grandkids. Enjoy each moment, the pass too quickly. I am so thankful I have my hubby to snuggle with on these cold winter nights :)

We do have so much to be thankful for -- a loving Savior who will never leave nor forsake us.

Mrs.B said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails