Thursday, April 6, 2006

Labor signs

 


Well it is 4 weeks early and yet I am showing signs of early labor.  I have been having contractions for a while,  I have never gone into labor on my own.  I would not mind having one a little early rather than 3 and 1/2 weeks late.  That is not fun at all.  I also have been having trouble with very low blood pressure.  I know most preg. ladies have high but mine was 60 over 30 and it makes it hard to do anything.  You have absolutley no energy.  And I have a house full of children to take care of.  The Lord is what gets us through.  We love the verse,  I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me. 


DH called and told me to take it easy today.  So I am trying.  There is so much I want to get done.  I want to get some meals in the freezer and I also need to pack my bag for the hospital.  I need to get the bassinet washed and set up and we need to find a car seat.  Our old one has seen better days. 


 


I am also having trouble with being extremely dizzy.  Probably goes back to the BP.  I have found a recipe for Laborade.  It provides carbohydrates, electrolytes,and minerals to keep your body chemistry balanded:


 


1/3 c lemon juice


1/3 c honey


1/4 t salt


1/4 t baking soda


1-2 calcium tablets crushed


Add enough water to make one quart.


 


The taste is not to bad.  I've been sipping on my bottle all day.  I will keep you all updated.


 


 


 

4 comments:

glenda said...

i will keep you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to have little ones around and not feel well. I remember when i had my fifth one and well he had to be a Csection it was so hard. WE had five babies and well all of them were under five.. And then to have a mom that is not feeling well. That is not a good thing. I wish i lived closer to you so i could help.. Or at least my oldest could help.. HOwever we do not so the one thing we can do is PRAY and we will do that..


god bless.

glenda

mommyof2 said...

I will remember you in my prayers as well. I experienced labor signs for four weeks before my first child. The little guy just wouldn't cooperate, he came two weeks late. It can be an unnerving time to say the least. Hang in there, God will provide for you.

Christy

FruitfulVineof7SoFar said...


I had my last 2 ds at home. I found that honey works wonders!! Not only in labor, but for anyone, if they are not feeling well!

The other thing I used to keep up my strength and keep me healthy is chlorophyll. That would still be a worthwhile expense, as it helps in milk production after the baby is born.

Alfalfa is similar in its composition.


I have this wonderful booklet with a lot of natural labor info, if you are interested in anything else! - Or maybe you already have a different favorite one!


Will remember you in prayers, though.

Many Blessings for a safe and quick birth and a very whole and healthy baby.

-Jacque

HandsNHearts said...

How are things progressing for you? thank you so much for sharing the laborade drink! I will certainly keep that recipe handy.

I have some chlorophyll here...a friend gave it to me and I have no clue what to use it for!

Prayers coming from Mississippi for you and a wonderful transition with baby.

Deanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails