Friday, December 8, 2006

Following Leads to Honor


 


 


If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall
also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor. (John
12:26)


The highest service is imitation. If I would be Christ's servant I must
be His follower. To do as Jesus did is the surest way of bringing honor
to His name. Let me mind this every day.


If I imitate Jesus I shall have His company: if I am like Him I shall
be with Him. In due time He will take me up to dwell with Him above, if,
meanwhile, I have striven to follow Him here below. After His suffering
our Lord came to His throne, and even so, after we have suffered a
while with Him here below, we also shall arrive in glory. The issue of our
Lord's life shall be the issue of ours: if we are with Him in His
humiliation we shall be with Him in His glory. Come, my soul, pluck up
courage and put down thy feet in the blood-marked footprints which thy Lord
has left thee.


Let me not fail to note that the Father will honor those who follow His
Son. If He sees me true to Jesus, He will put marks of favor and honor
upon me for His Son's sake. No honor can be like this. Princes and
emperors bestow the mere shadows of honor; the substance of glory comes
from the Father. Wherefore, my soul, cling thou to thy Lord Jesus more
closely than ever.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails