Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book Review~Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

Outlive your life by Max Lucado

This is the second Max Lucado book I have read and he has not failed to be a help and challenge me in my Christian walk.  Once again the book has discussion starters and study guides with it which i have found to be very thought provoking.  I am looking forward to using these books with my children as they get older.

Outlive Your Life will challenge you to take a long hard look at your life and what you are doing that is going to last longer than you.  The premise of the book is simple.  Only what we do here for Christ will last.  What we do for self is a temporary work.  It is simple to read and way but it is one of those principals that we need to be reminded of often.  Max has done this in a thought provoking and non condemnatory manner.  His illustrations are very practical and so graphic portray the thought he is trying to convey.  Once again while reading his book I was saying, yes, that is me over and over again.

This is a wonderful book and would be a help to any Christian.  The senior saint or the new babe in Christ will find something in this book that they can use.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails